Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Visiting with Donald at the LDS visitors center in Independence

Donald's friend and Donald age 20





We had some time before Church and so we decided to go with Donald to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints visitors Center in Independence, Missouri. Donald brought a new friend with him. We took the tour of a family exhibit that was especially touching. It talked about the importance of families and working together as families here on earth so we can be families forever in eternity. Well mom (me) was in tears almost throughout the presentation. Donald was especially sweet and tender and that made me tear up even more as I realized even more how very much I miss this sweet son of ours. I was touched when in the presentation it talked about loosing a grandfather and Donald commented how much he misses his grandfather, my dad. I know sometimes we don't understand the path that leads us to and from one another but I believe that God has a plan for each of us. I miss Donald and wish we were able to see him more often but I trust in God, that He has a plan for Donald to and right now that involves him living far away. I miss Donald and as a mommy, think of him every day and hope that all is well with him. It is sure hard to have a grown up child, it is a new experience for me and the lesson of letting your children grow up and fly away is a tough one for me. I just want to hang onto them forever, but I know in my heart that God holds each of us in his hands. I just miss him, that's all.

From LDS.org/places to visit

Come ponder the experiences of Mormon settlers in Missouri. Here Church members worked to establish Zion, and the Prophet Joseph Smith received many revelations that still guide the Church today.
A discovery of Church sites in Missouri begins at the Independence Visitors’ Center. This newly remodeled center honors the past and the present, with exhibits depicting experiences of Mormon settlers in Missouri between 1831 and 1839, as well as exhibits on the importance of families, messages from modern prophets, and the Book of Mormon.


Address:937 West Walnut StreetIndependence, Missouri 64051
Phone number(s):Call 1-816-836-3466 for more information.
Schedule:
Sunday through Saturday 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Cost:Admission is free

No comments: