Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Homemade Beef Taquitos-delicious from FavFamilyrecipes.com

Homemade Beef Taquitos from Favfamilyrecips.com


We just finished making these. I don't know how they
expect them to last in the freezer, my family gobbled them up
I do have to confess that I cheated a bit. Instead of cooking a roast, I
Just used  12 oz cans of Roast beef from Aldi's (2) and since I was out 
of cheddar and used mozzarella cheese with corn tortillas.
It was a hit!


Also I have to laugh that when I did spell check on taquitos to see
if I was spelling it correctly, the alternative words suggested
"mosquitoes" lol  I am still not sure if I am spelling taquitos 
correctly or not. So much for living 18 months in South "America
I still can't spell Spanish words.





This is a great recipe for when you have
 leftover roast from Sunday dinner (or any 
roast dinner for that matter). If you aren't using
 leftovers and are making it the way as directed
 below be prepared for lots of taquitos! This is 
also a great freezer meal/snack. They freeze
 well and you can just pop them in the oven or
 microwave for something quick to eat.

1-2 Lbs. lean roast beef
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1 c. water
a few shakes of hot sauce (Tabasco etc..)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Corn tortillas (at least 30)
Oil

Sear beef on all sides and put in crock-pot with 

onion soup mix, water, and hot sauce. Heat on low
 for 8-10 hours. Remove beef from crock-pot and 
shred. Soften corn tortillas in oil and let drain on 
paper towels. Add a little cheese and beef to each
 tortilla and roll up (remember to add cheese first, 
THEN beef.. that way the cheese won't melt out).
 Place taquitos seam-side down on a lightly greased
 cookie sheet at 400-degrees for 6-8 minutes. 
Turn taquitos once and bake for another 5-6 minute
 or until taquitos are nice, golden brown, and slightly
 crispy (you could also deep fry them if you'd rather). 
Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.

No comments: